21 North Main St Monroeville OH 44847 419-465-2922
Village of Monroeville


For all the news from the Village offices, this is the source!

Available Documents

Food Vendor Regulations

Food Vendor Appl

Columbia Gas Flier

River Road / Horseshoe Drive Columbia Gas Pipeline Replacement Project

Crews will be installing approximately 6,720 feet of new plastic pipe serving 39 residences on sections of River Road and Horseshoe Drive.  Preconstruction camera work is underway.  During this phase, residents may notice markers and flags cropping up in yards.  Those are to mark the locations of underground facilities.  We kindly ask that everyone keep those in place until the work is complete.

Installation of the new mainline will begin in early September.  Once the mainline is in and put into service, crews with follow-up with service line replacements for individual homes.  These take about 2-4 hours per property and include a brief service disconnection.  Indoor meters will be relocated outside as well.  Crews will reach out to schedule an appointment with each property owner once they get to this phase.

As for restoration, crews will temporarily restore all property to ensure safety and accesibility and then follow-up with the permanent grade restoration as the project nears completion.

Please go to the "News" tab to see a downloaded flier for more information.


Mobile Food Vendors

Monroeville Village Council recently passed an Ordinance for the permitting of "Mobile Food Units" to operate in the Village following specified guidelines.  You can find the Food Vendor Application as well as the regulations by clicking on "Continue to The News Page" below.  If you are interested, please bring your completed application along with othe required documents to the Village Administrative Office located in the Monroeville Municipal Complex at 21 N. Main St.


Please see below.

  • If you wish to dispute, transfer liability, and/or have questions or complaints about your citation, please contact the Monroeville Police Department at 419-465-2474, 21 N Main Street Monroeville OH 44847 (entrance is on the North side of the building.)
  • If you wish to contest your citation, please follow the instructions on your citation to request an in-person civil hearing.
  • Citation payments can be made with cash, check, money order, and/or credit/debit card (Visa, Discover & MasterCard). Payment can be made:

             1. Via telephone using debit/credit card with the Citations Processing Center at                           1-855-370-4229 (M-Th, 8 AM-8 PM & F 8 AM-6 PM).

             2. Via telephone or in-person with the Village of Monroeville Administrative Office,                    21 N Main Street Monroeville OH 44847 (main entrance), 419-465-2922.

             3. Via mail. Check or money order should be made out to the Village of                                            Monroeville and envelopes should be addressed with the following:


                  P.O. BOX 157

                  MONROEVILLE, OH. 44847

  • If you would like to view a photo or video of your citation, please visit www.viewcitation.com. You will need your Citation Number and your PIN number that is listed on your citation in order to log in. 


Board Of Zoning Appeals

The Village of Monroeville currently has one opening on its Board of Zoning Appeals.  This is a volunteer position with a term of 3 years.  The Board meets on an as needed basis to hear variance requests, appeals, and decides whether or not to grant the variance request or appeal.  Please contact the Adminitrative Office at 419-465-2922 if you would like to join the Board of Zoning Appeals.



4-Way Stop

New Traffic Pattern!

4-Way Stop  4-Way Stop II 

New stop signs are in place on West Broad Street and Chapel Street creating a 4-way stop.

Please be alert to this new traffic pattern!


Fireworks Banned

Fireworks Ban

Village Council has passed an Ordinance banning the discharge, ignition, or explosion of fireworks on private property.  Please contact the police department if you have questions regarding the use of fireworks.  Have a safe and happy 4th of July!






29 CHAPEL ST. MONROEVILLE, OH. 44847 (located by the east entryway)

Take what you need, leave what you can!

  • Please check the expiration date before you leave any items and only donate foods you would eat yourself!

Canned soups and sauces, canned meat (tuna, chicken, etc.), peanut butter and alternatives, canned beans (especially garbanzo, chili & baked beans), rice (white or brown), pasta (preferably in boxes), cereals/instant oatmeal packets, crackers/granola bars, canned diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, canned fruits, canned vegetables, condiments (ketchup, mustard, salad dressing & mayo), jelly, pancake syrup, baking and pancake mixes, microwave meals/to-go meals and shelf-stable meal kits, infant formula, dry infant cereal, infant food, packaged protein drinks, and dried fruit.

"For I was hungry, and you gave me food." (Matthew 25:35) 


Combined Sewer Overflow Annual Report

This report is available to view on our Wastewater department page.  Click on "Departments" then "wastewater".

Look for the 2021 Report "download" to the right of the page.


Restroom Hours Restricted

July 27, 2021

Due to acts of vandalism, our park restrooms will have restricted hours until further notice.


Read More

Regional Income Tax Agency (RITA)

December 10, 2020

Effective January 1, 2021 the Regional Income Tax Agency (RITA) will be responsible for the administration and collection of all municipal income taxes for residents and businesses of the Village of Monroeville. 


Read More

Automatic Utility Payment Deduction

August 09, 2019

Don't like writing checks or going to the bank or ATM for cash to pay your bills?


Read More

Weather Station

July 30, 2019

Want to know the weather conditions right here in Monroeville?


Read More

Equal Employment Opportunity Labor Poster

June 01, 2019

The Equal Employment Opportunity Labor Law Poster is available for viewing.


Read More


April 20, 2018

Pay your utility bill via credit/debit card.


Read More

Permit for Transient Dealers and Solicitors

November 01, 2016

A permit is required for Transient Dealers and Solicitors to go door to door to sell items.


Read More